Club members are encouraged to organize a drive, an event or a monthly meeting BBQ.
If you have an idea that you think would be fun and other members would enjoy, the following are some guidelines to help you make it happen:
1) Speak to a member who has organized a drive, event or BBQ that you enjoyed in the past to obtain suggestions and pointers.
2) Check with the ‘ ‘ and decide on a date.
3) Make decisions regarding:
- Rain date or not.
- Start location and time.
- Locations for stops and contacts regarding restaurants etc.
- Decide on how the tour will end ie. the group splits up at the last stop or the
- Group stays together and returns to the starting point.
4) Familiarize yourself with:
5) Provide an outline of your event to the , who will then forward the message, upon your approval, to the for broadcast to members.
Generally, drives are discussed at meetings in advance of the date and notices are sent out about 3 to 5 days in advance of the event date. In situations where the organizer needs to have advanced reservations secured an earlier notice can be sent out with a response link included so the organizer receives a confirmation of those who intend to participate.